Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pre Deployment Week 4


This was a hard week for us. We got to spend a lot of time together as a family. But on the last day of this week...Justin left for Iraq. :(
This week we did a lot. We went to a birthday party for a friends lil girl on Sunday. We walked around Wal Mart on Saturday. (sounds like fun huh. LOL) We just tried to do as much as we could as a family before our time together was up. I don't have a lot to say about the rest of the week, so we will talk about D DAY!!!
Yesterday was D Day for us!!! We started the morning off with breakfast. Eggs and toast...MMMM. We watched some movies and just kind of hung out as a family for most of the day. At about 3 we had to pack the car up with all of Justins stuff and head out to his company. When we got there we were still a little early so Justin and I played tic-tac-toe and hangman on the car windows. (I had an erasable marker). We then went in and sat with Justin's bags for a while then he had to do formation and weapons draw. This part of the day was terrible because it was cold out and we didn't get to spend a whole hour with him. When he finally did that we took his bags over and dropped them off to be put on a bus. By now it was 6:30 and the kids had not had dinner yet. We decided that it would be best for all of us to just go ahead and go home. Justin walked us out to the car and put each of the kids in their seats. He told them how much he loved them and to be good for mommy. Then it was my turn. I held him and told him not to let go. I'm so selfish!! He told me he would be fine and that he WOULD come home...alive. He kissed me, and my belly. Told me how much he loved me. I told him how proud I was of him and how proud I was to be his wife. It was so hard to leave. I cried the whole way home. When I got to the gate the security guard asked how I was...I sorta lost it on him. He comforted me and told me that he had been through 9 deployments and that I just needed to surround myself with a good support group.
When we got home the kids and I watched the DVD that Justin had made for us of him reading Where The Wild Things Are to the kids. We watched it 3 times. The kids LOVED it. I really liked it too. Gabe kept saying, "we watch daddy again?" I had to tell him no cause it was way past his bed time. We didn't sleep very well last night. But most of us took a nap today.
Today we went to Krystal's house. It is amazing how much better I feel today. I think it is because I am not worrying about spending every second I can with Justin. I am just focusing on what needs to be done here. And trying really hard to keep busy. Anyway, that is all for now. Next week starts a new chapter in my blog. DEPLOYMENT!!! Love to you all.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment