Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Deployment Week 2


This week was really great!! On Thursday we flew into Oregon and surprised my family with being here for Thanksgiving. My parents knew about it, but nobody else did. It was awesome. All my sister Kristen could say was "I've been trying to call you all day...why weren't you answering?" Thanksgiving was great. We had our huge "mixed" family there. Both of my parents were there as well as ALL my siblings and some of my aunts and uncles. There was so much food and TONS of conversation!!! It was amazing. And to top that day off, I got to talk to Justin. He was a little down with not being with us for Thanksgiving, but other than that he was good.
The rest of the week has just flown by! On Saturday night we all went out as a family to party. My kids stayed with some friends from church. We had a blast. On Sunday the kids and I went to church and then went to my sisters to hang out. On Monday and Tuesday I got almost all the Christmas shopping done. I also bought some things to send to Justin for his birthday and Christmas.
I got a call from Justin yesterday, he is doing good. Still missin us, but good. His job has once again changed. He is still a driver, but he is doing security for the bomb squad. I am really getting tired of them changing his job!! Just keep him in your prayers, I am more worried now. He did say though that he talked to the guys who were leaving as they were coming in. They said it has been pretty quiet there for the past 6 months. I'll keep you all posted as I know more. Thanks for all the prayers.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment